With CB Insights’ Similar Companies tool, you can search for a company’s peers, create new private lists for these companies and view their analytics.
For this example, let’s search for companies similar to Facebook.
Step 1 - Log in to CB Insights
- Click on Search, and then Similar Companies.
Step 2 - Define Your Search
- Type in a company name to define your search. In this case, we’ll type in Facebook.
Step 3 - See Results and Create a New Company List
- Click “Search,” then “Add” next to a company name to add that company to a new list.
- When a company is added to your list, algorithmically matched companies will appear at the top. These algorithmically matched companies can also be added to your list.
Step 4 - View Analytics
- Click “Analyze These Companies,” then name and create your new list to be taken to your new list’s analytics page.
- Click Activity on the left, where you’ll see the industry analytics for the companies in this list.
- You can access the analytics for this list in the future by going to the Analytics & Research menu, then Private List Analytics.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at email@example.com.