By viewing the interactive heatmaps on an investor profile, you can learn about which industries and geographies an investor is allocating their money to, as well as their investment stage preferences.
For this example, let’s look at Andreessen Horowitz’s profile.
Step 1 - Log in to CB Insights
- At the top right, search an investor name to go to their profile.
Step 2 - Go to Investor Analytics tab
- Once on the investor’s profile page, click the Investor Analytics tab.
Step 3 - View the Industry Heatmap
- Click Industry Heatmap on the left, where you’ll see a visualization of how much Andreessen Horowitz is investing, and in which industries. For each industry, the darkness of the blue represents the dollar amount invested and the size of the box represents the number of deals.
- You can move or expand the timeline (in orange) to see how the firm’s investment thesis has changed over time. In this example, you can see that Andreessen Horowitz has been focusing more on the Fin Tech and Software space than in previous years.
- You can also click on any industry box to get a more granular view of where money is invested. For instance, click on “Internet,” then “Internet Software & Services” for a more detailed map of Andreessen Horowitz’s investments.
- You can see the same visualizations on the Stage and Geography Heatmaps.
- You can click on a geography to get a more granular view of where money is invested. For example, click on “North America,” “United States,” then “California” for a more detailed map of Andreessen Horowitz’s investments.
- Click on any box in a heatmap to reveal underlying company and financing details.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.