Knowing who the most active investors are in a specific industry can give insight into who is driving investment, and who you may want to know. CB Insights’ Rankings tool allows you to quickly see the top investors in specific industries.
In this example, let’s look at the investors in Mobile Software & Services in China over the last two years.
Step 1 - Log in to CB Insights
- Click on Search, and then Rankings.
Step 2 - Define Your Search Criteria
- First, indicate that you would like to rank investors by number of financing deals (or, number of exits) at the top of the page.
- Then over to the left, choose the relevant filters. In this case:
- Company Industries is Mobile & Telecommunications - Mobile Software & Services
- Deals date is the last two years
- Company HQ is China
Step 3 - View Results
- Click “See results,” which will generate a list of the most active investors in Mobile Software & Services in China over the last two years.
- You can also select any number of investors of interest (ie. those that made 10 investments or more), then click “See underlying deal details” to view portfolio company details in a Deal Search.
- In Deal Search, you can then save this search to create a feed for your MyCBI homepage that will keep you apprised of this activity (ie. “Smart investors: Mobile Software & Services in China”), or schedule this search so new deals fitting your criteria can be automatically sent to your inbox.
- You can click on any investor to be taken to that investor’s individual profile page.
- If you click the briefcase icon next to an investor of interest, a list of their investments will pop up.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.