Knowing who the most active acquirers are in a specific industry can give insight into the innovation strategies of the leaders in the market. CB Insights’ Rankings tool allows you to quickly see a list of who is making acquisitions in which industries.
In this example, let’s look at the acquirers in Healthcare in North America over the last two years.
Step 1 - Log in to CB Insights
- Click on Search, and then Rankings.
Step 2 - Define Your Search Criteria
- First, indicate that you would like to rank acquirers by number of acquisitions at the top of the page.
- Then over to the left, choose the relevant filters. In this case:
- Company Industries is Healthcare
- Deals date is the last two years
- Company HQ is North America
Step 3 - View Results
- Click “See results,” which will generate a list of acquirers in Healthcare in North America over the last two years.
- You can also select any number of acquirers of interest (ie. those with five acquisitions or more), then click “See underlying deal details” to view portfolio company details in a Deal Search.
- In Deal Search, you can then save this search to create a feed for your MyCBI homepage that will keep you apprised of this activity, or schedule this search so new deals fitting your criteria can be automatically sent to your inbox.
- You can click on any acquirer to be taken to that acquirer’s individual profile page.
- If you click the briefcase icon next to an acquirer of interest, a list of their acquisitions will pop up.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at [email protected].